WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Letter I wrote to Attroll (administrator)

Yes Sir,

So after reading some threads and the user agreement I have come to the conclusion that talking about Marijuana is against the User Agreement. Now twenty-two states plus DC have already legalized medical Marijuana, with at lest ten other states with bills pending to legalize medical. This does not include states that have completely legalized it, or decriminalized it. This is also in response to the FBI changing its hiring policy to allow Marijuana use, and the Department of Justice stating it will allow states to regulate it.

What I am asking for you to consider is possibly make it ok to about medical Marijuana within certain parameters of your discretion. With the changing tide of public opinion on the matter and with more and more folks aspiring to walk the trails with disabilities it might come in handy to be able to discuss such matters.

For example how to manage hiking with a medical Marijuana card, how to be discreet about it, how to talk to people about it ect.

I hope you will consider my request as to allow certain topics and mature discussions with dealing with marijuana while hiking the trails, and support responsible, honest dialog without going against the User Agreement as set forth. If the states and federal government can work together on this topic,

Respectfully Yours,

Redzombie

it's illegal. nuff said. the trail goes through 14 states. figure it out off this site

Depends on your definition on Illegal. Are we talking about it being illegal in states or Federal? Because Federal, it is not illegal anymore according to the Department of Justice and the Obama Administration. 9 out of the 14 states the AT goes through has legalized it, and add New York who has decriminalized it. That leads 4 out of the 14 states that have yet to come around. To handle change, we need to have responsible conversation and open dialog about it. Its the same thing with carrying a side arm. Some states don't allow it others do. I don't condone carrying a side arm on the trail, but I support open dialog about it. Lastly, if you have paperwork from your doctor such as I, then I don't see how it is "illegal", especially with repository between states.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    it's illegal. nuff said. the trail goes through 14 states. figure it out off this site
    Medical marijuana is legal in MA. OK, that's just one of 14...

Change is in the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by rafe View Post
    Medical marijuana is legal in MA. OK, that's just one of 14...

Change is in the wind.
    It's legal in Florida and we're part of the IAT http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/06/1...marijuana.html

I'm very socially liberal/libertarian; however, I really don't see a purpose yet for it to be discussed here, maybe one day, but could care less on way or the other. The only thing I want to say is that one of the OP's concerns >>>> "For example how to manage hiking with a medical Marijuana card, how to be discreet about it, how to talk to people about it ect."

Isn't really a concern on the trail. Have you been on the trail

I really can't think of a reason to bring it up, but then again I don't understand why a lot of stuff gets posted here.

Legal in Colorado and there's a shop in Breckenridge... Just sayin... I don't drink or smoke but I'd be shocked to not see it on the CT this summer.

I don't suspect everyone will have the same opinion as I, and all I am trying to do is respectfully see if I can get the administrators to tweak the user agreement so we may have this discussion. Technically I think I am breaking the User Agreement. It the Administrator disagrees with me so be it. "You will never get the pretty girl if you don't ask". That is is the point I am trying to make. We can all agree change is coming. I rather not keep my head in the sand, and I also want to lessen the impact of that change for those who disagree with me. No one likes a belligerent drunk, so some us have to teach the those who are new to drinking (21-25 year old's) how to be respectful about it. All about maturity, and mutual respect, and open dialog.

everyone i know who smokes it, is all for legalization as far as medically, have no medical issues. they're just stoners wantin' to justify their use of it

Images

everyone i know who smokes it, is all for legalization as far as medically, have no medical issues. they're just stoners wantin' to justify their use of it
    Thank you. Just look at Colorado, et.al. I have headaches. I'm stressed. I need to smoke grass. Any and all and no reason. $40 to the curbside doctor and you get a card.

And, yes, it is STILL illegal federally. The Supreme Court only said it's OK for states to regulate it as well. Just because this administration chooses not to enforce a law they swore to , does NOT mean it's legal.

I'm in FL and AGAINST legalization. Charlotte's Web is different. No THC. I'm still of the opinion there are other ways to get the "needed" medical substances out of the grass.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Lone wolf that is a honest and most times a accurate description. Wont even lie. To add even more insult to injury, your not going to find a whole lot of people who have medical issues hiking the AT. Granted. I read about a guy who had cancer of the nervous system who completed a thru hike. As for me I look like what most people would assume a stoner looks like. I have PTSD along with a very aggressive personality. But to be a firefighter, cop, solider you have to have a strong personality. When I went back to college, people were intimidated by me, just because of my personality. SO...I changed my look. Rather than having a shaved head and being clean shaven, I grew a beard, and long hair. My "softer" look actually combats my strong personality.
    Bottom line is with my kidneys, my service to my country I have nothing to be ashamed about, but neither does someone who wants to drink a beer. In my mind I see no difference as long as it being done so by a responsible adult and not intruding on someone else. But to be fair, I don't think beer has as many health benefits as weed. Also good news is I am able to retire my service dog. I had epilepsy for a few years after getting hurt on a fire, and tests have come back negative. I contribute that to the weed. But to prove your point Lone Wolf, even I, am justifying it.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Next do to me is a rather good Indian restaurant.

Below said restaurant is a dispensary and next to that is a liquor store in a neighboring plaza.

As my wife and I were eating our dinner, we noticed a steady stream of people going in and out of the dispensary: Stereotypical "stoners", frat boy types, 30 and 40-something professionals in jeans and polo shirts getting out of their office job to get something for the weekend and more than few executive types dressed in what I think of as executive class clothing (at least here in Colorado!): Pressed dress pants and a button down shirt with black dress shoes.

Just normal people. And a rather broad range of said people.

And guess what? When I went to get a six pack of beer a little later, the same type of people were in the liquor store. (I was TECHNICALLY a 30-something as it was two weeks before the big Four-Oh! ).

Just a substance not really that different from the craft beer I tend to like in terms of the effects when you think about it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I just reminded myself I need a six pack. I'll skip the dispensary, though....
    Last edited by Mags; 06-16-2014 at 20:22.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

So was cohabitation in Virginia until this past year.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

How long will this thread remain before it goes *poof* ?

Ricky and his Husky Jack
    Images

Did you talk about ********* and it got deleted (You got a warning)?
    Or did you read the agreement and noticed the rule, and decided to post about it?

Just curious, cause i wasn't sure if something transpired before this thread.
    Me: Ricky
    Husky: Jack
    Skeeter-Beeter Pro Hammock.
    From Dalton, Georgia (65 mi above Altanta, 15mi south of Chattanooga)

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    So was cohabitation in Virginia until this past year.
    Haaaaaa, that had to hurt.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

I think we have gotten off topic. The purpose of Whiteblaze is to discuss all aspects of the AT and other trails. Marijuana is part of trail life, like it or not. So shouldn't we be able to have a conversation about it? If someone smokes cigs wouldn't you want them to walk away from camp to smoke so you don't have to breath it in? Thats what I am trying to do here. If someone is going to smoke, what etiquette would you like them to display? But under the User agreement we cant even have this discussion. That is what I am trying to change, if the administrator will allow it. That is all I am asking for, to be able to have this discussion without being in violation of the user agreement. Now this is a private site and if said administrator disagrees with me, I will respect that. Its all about respect. Now I tend to lean left on politics so I don't think any business or private entity has the right to discard my rights under the constitution (freedom of speech) but that is a different argument for a different thread. The point is this, would you support a honest and open dialogue about said topic without being in violation of the User agreement.

Ricky and Jack I read the agreement and noticed it was against the rules.

Ricky and his Husky Jack
    Images

oh okay. Because I know it was still being talked about openly... In the thread I made about "nudity not he trail" people posted replies about marijuana use. And I also remember pics being posted of people around the fire smoking something.
    Me: Ricky
    Husky: Jack
    Skeeter-Beeter Pro Hammock.
    From Dalton, Georgia (65 mi above Altanta, 15mi south of Chattanooga)

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    Haaaaaa, that had to hurt.
    what had to hurt?

tough crowd/or just...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++