User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Mother Natures Son

Big Storm

Thread Starter: Mother Natures Son

The big Snow and Ice storm is to hit most of the East by Saturday. Near the trail, Snow might get up to 8-12"+ here in S.C. PA. After that, major

Last Post By: Leo L. Today, 03:01 Go to last post
    FromSeasToTrees

Vlog or YouTube.......and how to start?

Thread Starter: FromSeasToTrees

Family and friends are asking me to video my hike. Should I use YouTube or is there something else? And any help on how to get started will be greatly

Last Post By: SkeeterPee Today, 01:30 Go to last post
    methodman

Great Smoky Mountains Thru Hiker Permit

Thread Starter: methodman

When you go online to get the permit, what are the acceptable methods of payment? Also, are you able to print the permit immediately or is there a waiting

Last Post By: Slow Trek Yesterday, 23:20 Go to last post
    dwcoyote

FS: Nemo Hornet 2p Tent

Thread Starter: dwcoyote

I'm selling my 2p Nemo Hornet Tent that has exactly 1 night of use. Great, lightweight tent and the only reason I bought it is because my youngest kid

Last Post By: Bearded_Shrek Yesterday, 22:24 Go to last post
    schlanky

Off the beaten path near Hidden Pond

Thread Starter: schlanky

I hiked from Juniper Springs Rec area out onto Hopkins and back a couple of times several years ago. Govt shutdown may kill my upcoming trip to Cumberland

Last Post By: schlanky Yesterday, 22:21 Go to last post
    Journey

Dehydrated meals stored in ziplocs vs vacuum sealed bags

Thread Starter: Journey

My group is thinking of buying Mountain House in the #10 cans for the cost savings. Can we put single servings in ziploc bags or is it important to seal

Last Post By: atraildreamer Yesterday, 22:15 Go to last post