WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Cold Spring Shelter

Added by Repeat
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Cold Spring Shelter

Views: 6,261  
by Repeat

Filmstrip 
‹‹Cold Spring Shelter   Groundhog Creek Shelter  Cold Spring Shelter  Siler Bald Shelter

Description for Cold Spring Shelter

Description by Repeat

Repeat

Cold Spring Shelter above Winding Stair Gap, Franklin NC/February 2003

Comments for Cold Spring Shelter (7)

1. #1 Saluki Dave
    Great photo. Cold, quiet and peaceful. I can almost see my breath.
  2. #2 dionalaniz
    awesome picture! I can't wait!
  3. #3 Two Speed
    Great shot. I like the composition; the sun rising (I presume it was sunrise) with the snow really makes for a great shot. I am having a tough time accepting the date, though. I just don't remember NC getting snow in July of this year :d
  4. #4 Uncle Wayne
    Great picture.
    Guest 23:21
    Actually that's a sunset. The date is "posted", not "taken".
  6. #6 sloetoe
    Ahhhhh! *Great* pic. Pulled in there December 21st about 8:00pm in the rain/sneaux (a foot of oatmeal on the ground) and wrote in the register "Pulled in here about 8:00 last night in the rain. I've heard some people say that this shelter was not a very good one. I don't think the people who say that have pulled in here at 8:00 in the rain." That entry cracked me up for days. Sick, mebbe.
  7. #7 walkin' wally
    I really like this pic. The trail to the shelter through the snow with the sunset behind. Very nice.
  8. #8 thegreydawn
    Re: Cold Spring Shelter
    i'm willing to bet this is the closest shelter to the actual main trail of the AT. The trail you see in this picture is the AT, not a side trail. If you weren't paying attention you'd run right in to it! I think it was built in the 1930s by the CCC but i may be wrong. Are there many other shelters this close to the main trail?