WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I put about 2000 miles on a strato 2. My buddy has put about 600 miles on a strato 1.
    He has said since the beginning he wish he had the 2. I am very happy i had the 2.
    I also replaced my strato with a duplex, and wish i had just rebought the strato 2 again
    Trail Miles: 5,154.2
    AT Map 1:
    ✔ | 13-21'
    Sheltowee Trace: ✔ | 20-23'
    Pinhoti Trail: ✔ | 23-24'
    Foothills Trail: ✔ | 24'
    GSMNP900: 134.7(17%)
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    CDT: 210.9
    BMT: 52.7

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    I put about 2000 miles on a strato 2. My buddy has put about 600 miles on a strato 1.
    He has said since the beginning he wish he had the 2. I am very happy i had the 2.
    I also replaced my strato with a duplex, and wish i had just rebought the strato 2 again
    The irony of that is that I'm the complete opposite...had the Duplex, sold it to buy the SS Li. Miss the Duplex.

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    The irony of that is that I'm the complete opposite...had the Duplex, sold it to buy the SS Li. Miss the Duplex.
    Do you wanna trade?!
    AT Map 1:
    ✔ | 13-21'

Do you wanna trade?!
    Tempting but I'm now in the UK so shipping might be a little expensive. I got a hole in my SS Li along the edge (fixed with DCF tape of course). PM me if you would still be interested.

6oz difference in weight for a 20" wide floor gain, food for thought, thank-you!

Quote Originally Posted by needlefish View Post
    6oz difference in weight for a 20" wide floor gain, food for thought, thank-you!
    20” x 7’ish is alot of room! Its room for a pack to lean up, for alot of wet clothes to be laid out, room for 3 people to sit and cook dinner in the rain. Room for yourself and a large black lab to make thousands of miles of memories together in, or room for an ill prepared person to get out of the freezing cold rain.

At least those are my experiences with the strato 2
    AT Map 1:
    ✔ | 13-21'

++ New Posts ++