As always, my plan to do a solo 60-day section hike of the PCT is constantly morphing. The plan of now is to start somewhere near Kennedy Meadows early September and go north to Castella. Then transfer over to the Bigfoot Trail for about 15 days, and end on the Pacific coast near the end of October.

Due to injury/legal related matters from a car accident I remain in a purgatory state doing my best to make sure this trip does not become a phantom adventure.

It should be noted that I have no experience long distance hiking, but have been diligently researching, preparing, and training everyday for 4 months now. I feel like 4 months has been a long time for me because much my energy goes into this hike on the daily as opposed to working full time and/or having a family. In two weeks I am taking a survival wilderness course with this dude in Ocala, FL that seems to really know what he is doing. I am definitely respecting the magnitude of the hike.

Due to recent updates, there is a chance that I will not be able to get out to the Sierras until late September. I know snow can be expected during this time, and it may not be the best time to be there. However, weather is different every year. I would appreciate anyone sharing their experience or just overall feedback of the idea of being in the Sierras in late September into October.

Thank you!