WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

most hikers bypassed Kent but I found it to be one of the friendliest places along the way...had to go there to replace my boots. Locals at the bakery/coffee shop offered to drive me to Milford (I think) if the small outfitter there didn't have what I needed. mayor of the town stopped and told me where to find PO, laundry, groceries, etc. There was a bed & breakfast just out of town that had a hiker rate of $75(and a shuttle) which was an excellent price, especially up north.Great place with friendly people!!!

Images

Kent is kind of a nice place but expensive if you make it that way. I was low on money when I passed through there so I just got a few minimal supplies from the grocery and grabbbed a pre-made sub from the IGA (and a soda from the cooler) for about $6.50. That was my in-town meal except I had to get an ice cream cone on the way out. I could have easily dropped $25 or more for a sit-down meal in a restaurant. There is a lot of green space and benches to take a break and eat your sandwich.

++ New Posts ++