WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You can put one of them McDonald's cheeseburgers on a shelf and come back a year later and it won't change whatsoever. Just a little stiff.

Images

""You can put one of them McDonald's cheeseburgers on a shelf and come back a year later and it won't change whatsoever. Just a little stiff.""

Those are the kind that are sold in Hawaii, made with Spam
    Last edited by zelph; 07-27-2022 at 12:41.

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    You can put one of them McDonald's cheeseburgers on a shelf and come back a year later and it won't change whatsoever. Just a little stiff.
    IIRC a couple reasons are that they're not that moist (they dry out before spoiling) and with what moisture they have, they are pretty salty (salt - preservative). There's no magic to it. Whether nutritious or not - IDK. A hot sweaty hike you're going to crave salty food, and beef burgers do have a fair bit of protein. So there's that. But lots of saturated fat in beef, too. Well, hiker diets aren't exactly ideal anyway - way too light on fresh fruits and veggies.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Zone View Post
    IIRC a couple reasons are that they're not that moist (they dry out before spoiling) and with what moisture they have, they are pretty salty (salt - preservative). There's no magic to it. Whether nutritious or not - IDK. A hot sweaty hike you're going to crave salty food, and beef burgers do have a fair bit of protein. So there's that. But lots of saturated fat in beef, too. Well, hiker diets aren't exactly ideal anyway - way too light on fresh fruits and veggies.
    Yeah yuck that's why I stopped eating there a long time ago. I find alot of fast food disgusting and not satisfying at all.
    I buy all my meat from a butcher a half beaf at a time. Which reminds me I have to go pull my 6 hours pecan smoked chuck roast

Quote Originally Posted by Time Zone View Post
    Yeah yuck that's why I stopped eating there a long time ago. I find alot of fast food disgusting and not satisfying at all.
    I buy all my meat from a butcher a half beaf at a time. Which reminds me I have to go pull my 6 hours pecan smoked chuck roast

++ New Posts ++