I am trying to determine what the best sleeping bags/quilts/etc would be for hiking part of the AT in June and July. I am looking at the MD/VA area or the NY/MA/CT area, in terms of weather. I will be hiking with 3 elementary age kids for about a month, so in the interest of them carrying their own stuff, weight and packability is an issue. Cost is also an issue, since they don't have their own backpacking gear yet (all of our gear is for car camping and day hikes, so heavy and bulky). I have considered 45 degree backpacking quilts, but most have a hefty price tag. I have also thought about the sea to summit reactor bag liners (without bags), but I'm not sure if this would be enough. I have seen some people suggest Walmart-style fleece blankets for summer backpacking, but, again, I don't know if this would be enough. 1 of my kids is actually kid-sized, but the other 2 are both over 5 feet and don't fit in kid-size bags. They are more petite woman sized. Can I get some suggestions on what some of you have taken as a bag/quilt/blanket for SUMMER AT backpacking and what you think would be a good idea? I don't want to put us in danger of hypothermia at night, but I also don't want to overpack for the weather and always be hotter than necessary while having to carry the extra weight as well. Thanks for your advice.