I carried rain pants from beginning to end and used them enough to justify it. Also, in town I would wear them while doing laundry. I also used them for warmth on cool evenings after I sent my pants home. The WPB cuben variety comes in at about 3 oz. Well worth it for my set up.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffBliss:1511580
Quote Originally Posted by jbhh View Post
4. No need for rainpants. You're going to get soaked anyway, and you'll never wear them. A good pair of Nike running shorts will treat you bet.
I'm curious about this one. I just got back from doing Mt. Washington this weekend and I got caught in a nice horizontal rainstorm just below the summit. My rain jacket held up nicely but my lack of rain pants/skirt caused my nylon pants to cling to my legs in record time. I was damn cold from that alone and decided it was time I invested in some sort of protection below the waist.

Wouldn't it be worth it alone due to the fact that it would at least prolong the time period from dry to absolutely soaked? It seriously killed my mental mood watching my pants get drenched in less than a minute during that storm.