WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    Here was that deal. I'm wearing mine now. Day 7 in a row, now smell at all.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...cks&highlight=
    Thanks for the link. I just ordered two pairs and the discount code still worked.
    Pain is a by-product of a good time.

Well do they have any with rockets on them? I just can't budge on this!

Sent my pair of Darn Tuff in after they developed a hole. Got a new pair in the mail a few weeks later. Very happy with them!

Darn Tough Socks aren't so tough against ticks like these socks are -> http://www.exofficio.com/products/de...ted-hiker-sock

darn tough

oops, I meant to google that last post. lol

could have been a lot worse

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chair-man View Post
    Darn Tough Socks aren't so tough against ticks like these socks are -> http://www.exofficio.com/products/de...ted-hiker-sock
    OUCH... here's the only posted review: "I love your boxers and was so excited to find out you made sock as well. What a disappointment! They piled on the first wearing, slide down to my ankles and are not “wring and dry” like the boxers…which, as a road warrior, I was really looking for. These socks are not worth $22.00 a pair by any stretch. I bought 4 pairs and really wish I had my $100.00+ back."

OTOH, you don't treat all your socks with Permethrin?! I do!!!

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

I hope there is a special place in hell reserved for those that send back dirty socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    OUCH... here's the only posted review: "I love your boxers and was so excited to find out you made sock as well. What a disappointment! They piled on the first wearing, slide down to my ankles and are not “wring and dry” like the boxers…which, as a road warrior, I was really looking for. These socks are not worth $22.00 a pair by any stretch. I bought 4 pairs and really wish I had my $100.00+ back."

OTOH, you don't treat all your socks with Permethrin?! I do!!!

Rain Man

I actually own a pair of the ExOfficio insect shield socks so here's a 2nd review. I haven't experienced any of the problems listed above. Don't wring and dry like boxers? Well duh, not made of the same material as their boxers. Only worn them several times so I can't speak to how well they wear but I haven't had any chigger bites.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by slow mind View Post
    I hope there is a special place in hell reserved for those that send back dirty socks.
    Oh I'm sure there is, and that I'm screwed. Can I use the excuse that I was thru-hiking, hadn't done laundry in weeks and needed to leave town within the hour? Probably not good enough. Either way, sinners are much more fun...

I bought my first pair in Delaware Water Gap. Now I wear them every day year round. I throw them in the wash and drier with no special care. They seem to be perfect. Sockaddict has great prices. Why can't other products be this nice?

Journal Entries

I got my feet ate up by chiggers once hiking in mesh runners with thin wool mesh socks.
    Ever since, always treat shoes and socks with permethrin.
    No more problems.

wearing darn tough ankle mesh running/cycling socks right now 1.75 oz
    about the same as my DeFeet wooleaters, cuff on the darn tough is a bit taller, but a good sock.

(I only use thin socks with no padding, its simply not needed if footwear fits, and it holds moisture.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++