WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Hey Driver8, your PM inbox is full.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    Hey Driver8, your PM inbox is full.
    Thanks for the heads up, Elf. Just cleaned out some messages so back in business there. In fact, better than PM for me is e-mail, which I can get on the phone. Working all day tomorrow and Friday. I'm at [email protected], only one "s".

I can do Saturday or Sunday. Friday's out. If we do that part of the A.T. I mentioned, I think, due to the distance, I might want to start at Rt. 7 on north end and end at Rt. 4, or vice versa depending on the direction y'all are hiking, if possible. Looking forward to hiking with you - the forecast is looking pretty warm, so there should be minimal snow and ice to deal with. It'll be springy!
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Images

Great hiking with you guys today, and good to meet you, HB, Elf and Lazarus. Laz, hope you got far enough to catch up with H and D after Lou and I advanced them a few miles. Enjoyed brunch with the guys at the Country Bistro - wish you could've been there, Steve, but I admire your speed and persistence.

The snow was pretty today, though the views were minimal. After the drop-off, I went and hiked across the Iron Bridge to Great Falls and back for another 0.8 - wasn't in the mood for more four-and-a-half more miles today, so I didn't do the round trip to my starting point this morning. I now have 60 miles even done on the long and winding trail. Looking forward to finishing the CT section soon and very much looking forward to another group hike with you all - today was a blast! Photos not loading for me now, will try in another post.

Images

By the way, boy, was I wrong about conditions - sorry about that, guys. As we talked about, there appears to have been a good-sized pre-Christmas snowstorm which hit Salisbury/Cornwall/Sharon and points north that missed Kent and Sherman, and I wouldn't be surprised if the 12/29 storm dumped more on this area than on further south. The trail never fails to surprise.

++ New Posts ++