WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Northwestern, VA (outside of Harper's Ferry)
    Images

Default Reflectix underpad for winter

I just spent a week out on the trail in southern VA with temps down in the low 20s and was warm and toasty each night. But I'm hoping Santa will bring me a neoair or similar for the Christmas and I've read about others using a ridgerest or similar under their air mattress in colder temps. Having used Reflectix for making cozy's it seems like it might be an excellent addition under a sleeping pad and I'm curious if anyone has tried it.
    2,000 miler. Still keepin' on keepin' on.

Garlic
    Images

Yep, that's what I use in winter, a full-length piece under my usual 3/4 Ridgerest pad.
    "Throw a loaf of bread and a pound of tea in an old sack and jump over the back fence." John Muir on expedition planning

Images

I always carry a heavy duty Space Blanket.It's the reusable one about 4/12x6ft and weighs about 3/4lb.I use it for a sit pad on breaks if wet or snowy,it has 4 corner grommets and can be used as a tarp.Can be used reflective side up to place pack to unload so you can see better.Also can be partially unfolded long ways for a 4 layer under pad,with one reflective side up.It is a very multi use piece of gear....

++ New Posts ++