WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

you wouldnt have that high powered rifle to kill the grizzly with if we went bak to not havin the destructive infrastructure necessary to produce such items.

Great photos Lupe... Thanks for sharing those. The one of the whole group is really cool!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbx View Post
    you wouldnt have that high powered rifle to kill the grizzly with if we went bak to not havin the destructive infrastructure necessary to produce such items.
    Well we do have high powered rifles, and that is one reason we are at the top of the food chain. But we somehow managed to get to the top long before rifles were invented, so your statement doesn't hold water. Besides, I was just trying to make a joke about Newt Gingrich and his future moon colony, why so serious??

Quote Originally Posted by TapRack View Post
    Well we do have high powered rifles, and that is one reason we are at the top of the food chain. But we somehow managed to get to the top long before rifles were invented, so your statement doesn't hold water. Besides, I was just trying to make a joke about Newt Gingrich and his future moon colony, why so serious??
    I apologize for my inaccurate statement about Grizzlies being the top of the food chain. I totally forgot that “He who has the biggest gun wins”. Do nuclear hand grenades count ?

My last post on this thread -- I should have never said anything -- unless I come across something specific to coyotes.[/QUOTE]

John, don't kill the messenger. I really appreciate your comments. I too am concerned that we humans kill so indescriminately. Mother Nature does seem cruel to me, when for instance there is a clutch of grouse eggs and a fox just comes along and gobbles um all up. Or a friggin aggressive grizzly takes out two of this year's cubs. Come on, let the cubs have a year or so, let the little grouse chicks at least see the what's outside the shell. But Mother Nature is pretty democratic about slaughter, I must say. But the real issue for me is our violence as a human species and the destruction of our own habitat that we celebrate. We are close as a human species of wiping out the very fabric of systems. That to me is like you say, friggin horrible. Maybe we'll wake up.

Images

Well, I'll continue to kill coyotes and y'all can continue to love them, at least until the VDGIF proclaims them a game species and stops having a continuous open season on them. I don't see that happening any time soon since this state derives a lot more wealth from sheep and cattle and companion animals than coyotes. I have no use for them, nor do my neighbors, other than target practice. They are recently introduced and have not made many friends, and if my ancestors wiped wolves and mountain lions I don't see any reason we can't get rid of these invaders.
    "You're a nearsighted, bitter old fool."

LOL. Coyotes are perfectly harmless. Don't be scared. And all that yelping and yipping and howling wasn't them ripping something to shreds, they were mostly likely congregating before a hunt (communicating with eachother)(wouldn't even make sense to hunt with all that nose would it) but normally don't even hunt in packs, mostly just a pair. Most their food is rabbits/squirrels/moles ect. They even eat some fruits! I enjoy and love being around them and get excited every time i see one.. too bad they don't stick around. And all you people like "mother nature is soo cruel".. get real and educate yourself. These predators keep the prey strong by mostly killing the weak/sick/diseased. (it get's much deeper so read a book and less TMC before you remark)Thereby making the survivors stronger, and eliminating disease and genetic disorders. If you eat any farm raised meat.. i can promise you that animal had a much worse life then a squirrel suffering a few seconds of coyote bite.

Alot more people kill by cute White Tail deer than by coyotes.

Peachfuzz

I love that song.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
++ New Posts ++