WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Hey buddy not sure if this helps but this past May me and a friend went to Yosemite for 3 days. The first day we stayed in North Pines, the second in the back packers camp then in Little Yosemite Campground.
    We woke up early the second day and got in like 1 hour before the back country permit office opened. The two ppl in front of us got all the permits from the valley to LYCG so we were the first in line to get some from Glacier Point to LYCP, but after two groups after us those were taken. So yes some did wait in line for about an hour to 45min.s and didn't get a pass. So if ur going to plan on getting them the day before get to the back country office as soon as u can. We did one hour and just got in. Best of luck. Half Dome is worth it. I got a video of me and my friend at the summit check it out.. search for mtt37849 and the title will be half dome 2009
    "A million mile journey begins with one step"

Images

Last summer we had the permits in advance and we camped in the backpackers area. There were some guys who had been there for 2 nights already hoping for a permit. There was also another lady who I think ended up having to spend two nights. No one seemed to care that there were people spending multiple nights there. There was also a huge group of people who were obviously not backpackers in huge tents, with ice chests and lanterns and who were cooking steaks and partying late into the night until a hiker yelled at them. So I don't think they backpackers campground is all that well monitored. I could be wrong. They could have just been having a busy week??

I am due to arrive in the Valley late Sat evening 1st. Aug.
    I plan to be at the Vistors Center by 6.00am Sunday Morning. The Website tells me they open at 7.30am 7 days/week.
    What are my chances of getting a permit for LYV for Monday 3rd to start the JMT?
    I have noted all the alternatives suggested in this thread but that will be my plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by zonedam View Post
    I am due to arrive in the Valley late Sat evening 1st. Aug.
    I plan to be at the Vistors Center by 6.00am Sunday Morning. The Website tells me they open at 7.30am 7 days/week.
    What are my chances of getting a permit for LYV for Monday 3rd to start the JMT?
    I have noted all the alternatives suggested in this thread but that will be my plan B.
    Good, but better if you get there at 5 AM.
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++