WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nina View Post
    ...hmmmmmm...???? should i make another name and be ananamus i don't read those big worded books
    It's all good girl. It's a beautiful trail. No doubt if you've come to this site to ask questions. . . you'll love your hike. Enjoy it Nina. . . . I can't imagine it's less than what you are looking for. . . .

aframe - thank you for the encouragement about the no money thing that is how I would have to prepare I borrowed a pack I think my dad has a bag I can use I have an old marlboro tent I know how to improvise I think I can!

i think it's the "need to go" part
    That - is what most of us understand - and HOPE that it leads us to what we seek. . . . enjoy Nina

aframe - thank you for the encouragement about the no money thing that is how I would have to prepare I borrowed a pack I think my dad has a bag I can use I have an old marlboro tent I know how to improvise I think I can!
    I had the great fortune to hike with Aframe for most of Maine, she is a great girl and her words are spot on. . . .

I thought all that special gear stuff was a little much anyway,but it did start to scare me and I didn't think I would really have to filter water I mean if you get it from a spring that's what people buy in a bottle "spring water" I do think that all I've heard about not using cotton and jeans and stuff makes alot of sence but I can bargain shop and even good will and I think I'm gonna go.. ??

Images

go from harper's north. We started in June and had plenty of time and we were only hiking on average two miles an hour. Go.

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    That - is what most of us understand - and HOPE that it leads us to what we seek. . . . enjoy Nina
    WOW! now you made me almost cry again

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You !!!!!

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You !!!!!
    It's your hike girl. . . . enjoy. . . . you'll know more about what you seek than when you leave. . . .

...hmmmmmm...???? should i make another name and be ananamus i don't read those big worded books
    I dub you Ananamus!

Quote Originally Posted by Nearly Normal View Post
    I dub you Ananamus!
    ?????????????????

?????????????????
    I think its a good trail name
    but I'm only nearly normal

I thought all that special gear stuff was a little much anyway,but it did start to scare me and I didn't think I would really have to filter water I mean if you get it from a spring that's what people buy in a bottle "spring water" I do think that all I've heard about not using cotton and jeans and stuff makes alot of sence but I can bargain shop and even good will and I think I'm gonna go.. ??
    One trick I've learned for clothing is to go to the outfitters and look at the material used in their clothing and then go to wallyworld or somewhere cheaper and buy clothes made of the same stuff.
    I was at REI, EMS and Dick's this weekend and the shorts they were selling for between $28 and 45$ you can get elsewhere for $8. Same with socks, pants, T's, etc.
    And I got a zero degree bag at Dick's a couple years ago for 40$ - which for the extra pound or so is well worth saving at least 200$ for the same rating on a little lighter weight bag. As far as tents - you can find them online much cheaper.
    Packs are the item you actually should go try on and learn how to fit to your frame. But you can get a really decent lighter weight one for less than $150 at about any outfitter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++