WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    The funny thing about the jet boil was that so many people told me I could fly it but the airlines said no because of the self ignition switch (even without the gas).

Yep. TSA says you can. Individual airlines say "no" concerning stoves.

Flying is such a PITA now.... A friend tried taking back wine and TSA confiscated it. (it was checked in luggage)
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    I do the same for my section hikes. The hard part is where to store the duffle bag for the return trip home, as most airports no longer have lockers.
    I got a cool pack cover from High Siera. It works as a waterproof pack cover and it has a zipper full length and makes a great pack duffle. It is also bright yellow and easy to spot.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight; your tactics suck.

Images

Mags, that is wild. I just flew back a case of wine in check thru three weeks ago from San Francisco. The winery did pack it and it did not make our connection in Salt Lake, (we barely did) and it traveled to Missouri thru Atlanta and Cincinnati, but it finally made it two days later. Intact. Alot of it is for Christmas presents. I would have openly wept at the airport if the wine got taken. A friend and I split cases. One I shipped from the winery by UPS. Gone are the merry days of carrying four bottles in a backpack as carry on luggage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++