WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Storage of Gear

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

All of my camping and hiking gear has been in a small closet in my living room since I started accumulating it. Now it doesn't all fit, and my fiance and I are moving into a new house. She has made it clear that in the new house, my camping/ hiking gear can either be in the shed, the workshop, or the garage... So I'm either going to have to build a closet in the workshop, or get good, strong, stackable totes.
    I don't want to store my down sleeping bags/ quilts in totes though, for fear they'll get funky ...where do you guys and gals store your down sleeping bags?
    The two I have currently are in their large storage bags on top of the dresser in the spare bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by MtDoraDave View Post
    ...where do you guys and gals store your down sleeping bags?...
    We have a huge wardrobe in the sleeping room, half of it for my wife, the other half for me.
    My wife's half is stuffed full of clothes and has one tiny top compartment reserved for the one down sleeping bag she owns.
    My half is full of all the sleeping bags I own (including the ones I occassionally lend to her) and has one or two compartments left for the few clothes I own.

When you get married your fiancee get a promotion to wife. You get a demotion to husband. When you have kids, your wife gets a promotion to mother. You get another demotion to Dad. Your gear (as did mine) will be evicted to the location where neither your wife/mother nor your children frequent. My gear is stored in trash bags in the basement. It is unfinished. My treasured possesions are safe.

++ New Posts ++