WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Leki Corklite Problems

Hmm. Just pulled apart my Lekis for their yearly inspection to find this.

I've put in a warrant request and a separate contact form to Lekis website. No response in a few days. Going to call today.

I've heard Leki's customer service is good. Let's see what happens.

Anyone have experience with Leki or seen this happen before?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I should add...

It's on both middle sections of my poles. The bottom sections are fine. I also somehow slightly bent the top section while taking a digger in NH. Was surprised cause it seems like the most sturdy piece of the poles. Might have just fell right. The bend never really bothered me to contact Leki.

Im hoping they bring good news and offer replacing the middle sections under their warranty policy.

If not, well all though very expensive those poles have saved my butt a few times so I it is what it is. They haven't failed yet but now I'm a little worried about the middle section.

Might pick up a pair of Cascade Mountains For $30 and try those out if Leki decides not to replace em. I like these poles, but I'd have a hard time paying the price again. I think I paid $125 for them a few years back and the guy at EMS said if I ever have any problems Leki will come through.

We shall see!

I expect they will be sending you a new set. I have experienced that type of failure on a very well used set of Leki's, Long before the splits occurred the ferule got loose in the tubing leading to a secondary clicking feeling when using. I tried a couple of fixes and ended up cleanign things up and mixing up a bit of epoxy and pouring it into the joint. That tightened them back up. A few years after, one of those repaired ones did split. I have been using Lekis constantly for 25 years and keep a collection of beat up poles to mix and match as I damage them. I actually ran out of enough pieces to have two good poles this year and picked up new pair of Makulas on closeout.

I I suppose I could go the warranty route but in my opinion I get more than reasonable wear with them before they are worn out so I wouldn't go after the manufacturer to account for my abuse. In your case given you have identical failures and hopefully newer poles, I think you have a legit claim.

Images

I haven't experienced this exact problem but I have had a problem with my Leki poles before and I found their customer service to be excellent. All it took was a phone call to them to get my replacements. I hope your experience will be the same. Good luck!

Had the same thing happen on my Leki Makalu. Leki replaced them fast. They have the best customer service.
    More walking, less talking.

Received an email a few minutes ago.

Leki has a new set of middle sections on the way.

Good stuff. These poles have about 1500 miles on them of use and abuse hiking in New England. I bet stumbling through the mountains here in NH has something to do with it.

So the $ spent on Leki poles definitely worth it in my opinion.

Journal Entries
    Images

That's some good customer support!
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post

Good stuff. These poles have about 1500 miles on them of use and abuse hiking in New England. I bet stumbling through the mountains here in NH has something to do with it.

Plaid is fast! Ticks suck, literally... It’s ok, bologna hoses off…
    Follow my hiking adventures: https://www.youtube.com/user/KrizAkoni
    Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alphagalhikes/

Thank you for making sure to give us the follow-up on this! So many times, people might post a negative, but not advise on the outcome. Good to hear it was positive (especially since I have Leki poles!).

Images

Leki has done the same for me, even paying for priority mail while I was on the trail. Sometimes it is hard to find the customer service phone number on their website. I find that using google for "Leki Buffalo NY" brings up an 800 number for them.
    Handlebar
    GA-ME 06; PCT 08; CDT 10,11,12; ALT 11; MSPA 12; CT 13; Sheltowee 14; AZT 14, 15; LT 15;FT 16;NCT-NY&PA 16; GET 17-18

Leki has AWESOME customer service and arguably the most comfortable/usable cork grips on the market in my opinion.

++ New Posts ++