WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Zpacks Zero

Glad I bought the used gg Rukus on here and didn't wait for this for 2 months. I feel it would be nice if they offered two sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sethd513 View Post
    Glad I bought the used gg Rukus on here and didn't wait for this for 2 months. I feel it would be nice if they offered two sizes.

Its pretty much exactly what I was looking for. However I'll be removing the webbing belt which will probably bring the weight below ten ounces.

Ten ounce, waterproof, cuben pack with all the "features" I want. Well.. I kinda want a shoulder strap pouch. But for $199 shipped and from a company like zpacks. Im already happy without seeing it.

I currently use a stripped down ula pack for day hikes and overnighters. Using that pack stripped it the barebones had me wanting a pack like the zpacks Nero.

Very water resistant and ultralight. Sweet.

I'm no zpacks fanboy but my fast and light gear is starting to look a little biased towards them.

I got a couple 30-50 mile hikes coming up. Break this bag in a little

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post
    Its pretty much exactly what I was looking for. However I'll be removing the webbing belt which will probably bring the weight below ten ounces.

Ten ounce, waterproof, cuben pack with all the "features" I want. Well.. I kinda want a shoulder strap pouch. But for $199 shipped and from a company like zpacks. Im already happy without seeing it.

I currently use a stripped down ula pack for day hikes and overnighters. Using that pack stripped it the barebones had me wanting a pack like the zpacks Nero.

Very water resistant and ultralight. Sweet.

I'm no zpacks fanboy but my fast and light gear is starting to look a little biased towards them.

I got a couple 30-50 mile hikes coming up. Break this bag in a little

I think the wait and not being able to customize it was a turn off. My go to pack has been ULA and I wanted something small to test out. I'm sure this pack is going to be bomb.

I think they made a nice comeback with these adjustments.

2 things I don't like are the roll top that clips each end separately on the pack sides vs simply clipping them together in the center, and no center strap over the top with the clip above the front mesh pocket, which I use for my large-ish sit pad and to quickly stash a jacket.

No worries since I have a Zero that I am quite happy with.

[QUOTE=cmoulder;2140886]I think they made a nice comeback with these adjustments.

I don't like are the roll top that clips each end separately on the pack sides vs simply clipping them together in the center.

I bought my wife a Arc Haul and it clips on both side the same way BUT they switched up the buckles so it can also buckle across the top like my ArcBlast.
    I'm sure this will be the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks pretty sweet. Damn it.

[QUOTE=ogtheking;2140891]
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    I think they made a nice comeback with these adjustments.

I don't like are the roll top that clips each end separately on the pack sides vs simply clipping them together in the center.

I bought my wife a Arc Haul and it clips on both side the same way BUT they switched up the buckles so it can also buckle across the top like my ArcBlast.
    I'm sure this will be the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Upon closer inspection, it looks as if some LL3s are sewn in (not buckle/clips) and that the top is secured simply by snugging down the cords, which also appear to add some side compression at the same time. It'll be interesting to read the initial first-hand user impressions.

I posted earlier. Already ordered one. If you want to see something let me know. Got a green one

Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post
    I posted earlier. Already ordered one. If you want to see something let me know. Got a green one

Looking forward to that.

Journal Entries
    Images

looks like a pretty sweet pack,alot different than there other zero pack they used to offer.
    I would consider checking one out and likely will at some point but for now I am happy with my ULA packs.
    I just had ula build me A 35 liter CDT out of cuben for 180.00 shipped. I had lots of custom mods made to the pack and it is at 10 ounces now.
    So it will be fine but im sure I will check out this pack in the future.
    If I die trying now I wont die wondering how life could have turned out.....

I don't understand packs without hipbelts. I can't even carry 10lbs on my shoulders for more than a few hours without it bothering me. I've seen some pics of Zero's that had hip belts. Doesn't seem to be an option on the Nero.

You can add padded hip belt pockets to the webbing belt

Quote Originally Posted by ggreaves View Post
    I don't understand packs without hipbelts. I can't even carry 10lbs on my shoulders for more than a few hours without it bothering me. I've seen some pics of Zero's that had hip belts. Doesn't seem to be an option on the Nero.
    It looks like it has a hipbelt to me.

oops. didn't see it. WANT

I took the extra belt that came with my multipack (it can be used to make the multipack a fanny pack) and use it with my Zero.

I gave them my feedback this morning. I'm really, really disappointed that they took away all the options. With the old zero you could build your pack to your liking. And I wanted the 44L main body size.

I just got an email from joe. No one off packs or larger main body's for the Nero "in the near future"

Quote Originally Posted by devoidapop View Post
    Users experienced with minimalist packs, do you carry your water on a fuel belt to keep the shoulder load light and comfortable?
    I did for a couple hundred miles -- .750 liter gatorade bottles on each strap of my GG Gorilla. I went back to using the side back pockets. It became annoying to loop and unloop my bottles on/off my straps 50 times a day. It's the little things on a long hike.

How would you carry a torson length zlite with one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by lukabrazi View Post
    How would you carry a torson length zlite with one of these?
    Looks as if it would be easy to add some 2-3mm shock cord to the grosgrain loops and carry it vertically. On my Arc Haul I carry snowshoes and a roll-up CCF pad this way, no problem.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++