Currently, I have a hammock system and it works great, but I'd like a cheap, lightweight option I can pitch with my trekking poles for when trees aren't available. At first I found the SMD Skyscape Scout, and although light and large, the $150+ I'd need to pay in order to get the tent and the poles (my poles are old ski poles, fixed-length 48"; the Scout uses 45"). I also found the Sierra Designs Flashlight 1 for $100, which I had all but decided on a few days ago. Just as a test, I decided to look up a bug bivy to see if I could find a cheap one to use with my tarp. I then found Borah Gear. A quick test setup of my current tarp (an asymmetrical diamond tarp) told me that I would probably need a rectangular tarp in order to tarp camp. After poking around Borah Gear's website, I discovered that I could get a setup with a 5.5' x 9' tarp and a bug bivy for ~$115-$120 that would come in at around a pound. Compared to the Flashlight's 2.5 odd pounds, the tarp option is a lot more superior, but also a little more expensive and the bivy could be pretty claustrophobic at first. I'd say right now I'm leaning towards the tarp/bivy combo because of the versatility and weight. Has anyone had good/bad experiences with the Flashlight 1 or this small of a tarp? I'm not so worried about the feeling of being exposed, as I quite like to sleep in the open, but I am slightly concerned about the actual coverage. I would appreciate any and all thoughts on this. Thanks!