WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

I swore when he said "the Coyote Vest was developed over...several months", that he was going to say "the Coyote Vest was developed over...a lunch break"

A coyote can still do plenty of damage to the head, legs, etc. and I'm kind of doubtful that the plastic things sticking out the top are going to stop much of anything...

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Finally I can bring Buttercup on the trail without fearing that Coyotes will harm him. He will be SO excited!

image.jpg
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    Finally I can bring Buttercup on the trail without fearing that Coyotes will harm him. He will be SO excited!
    Buttercup?? Don't you mean this Buttercup? https://www.americasgreatestmakers.c...y-prosthetics/

Also have you heard of the CoyoteZapper? It just keeps getting better...

"The CoyoteZapper utilizes a dog training collar capable of delivering a painful shock. But instead of shocking your dog in the neck, it shocks the coyote in the mouth."

Just in case you thought those spikes were actually metal, they're not...

"Even though the spikes are made from hard plastic, the chrome plating on the surface conducts electricity quite well."

http://coyotevest.com/products/coyotezapper-with-spikes

All this talk of spikes and electricity reminds me of this:

Last edited by Casey & Gina; 02-24-2016 at 18:53.

Has it ever been tested? I would like to see an actual demonstration.
    I think Coyotes hunt in packs and they would wear its prey down and then go for the throat and underbelly. You would be better off training the dog to carry and use pepper spray.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLEGHENY View Post
    Has it ever been tested? I would like to see an actual demonstration.
    This is what their website has described as a "demonstration":

"There is a large brown Poodle that is frustrated with our dog, Cody, because he always gets the ball first. When the poodle tries to dominate Cody by biting him in the neck -- he gets a mouth full of CoyoteVest spikes instead!

Obviously we are very happy that neither dog was injured whatsoever during this encounter, and we are also happy to have this video showing just how effective the CoyoteVest's spiked collar really is. However, if Cody had been wearing his CoyoteWhiskers, it is unlikely that the attempted bite would have happened in the first place."

That dog was not hungry enough and fails to prove it would stop a coyote attack.

That dog was not hungry enough and fails to prove it would stop a coyote attack.
    Preaching to the choir. The product seems based completely on speculation...

All the more reason to have your animal under complete control. Leash laws matter.

I got bit on top of Mt Garfield by a dog that was on a 20 ft. leash. Stupid humans!

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

All the more reason to have your animal under complete control. Leash laws matter.

I got bit on top of Mt Garfield by a dog that was on a 20 ft. leash. Stupid humans!
    Best be careful, if this coyote tech shock collar nonsense takes off then next it happens to you you'll be likely to be zapped as well.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Good grief! Somebody call the fashion police. My big male husky Blue (who died last September) would have been embarrassed beyond howls to sport this getup, except possibly for Halloween. I'm sorry these folks lost their dog to a coyote, but really. Around here dogs don't run free a whole lot, at least in theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    Best be careful, if this coyote tech shock collar nonsense takes off then next it happens to you you'll be likely to be zapped as well.
    Maybe I should get a pair and wear as chaps.

Images

image.jpg

Or or you get a couple of dogs bred to protect herds from coyotes. And they look cooler than punkie.

Images

Ranchers also will use the less fashionable dirt bag spiked collar to keep predators from latching onto livestock guardian dogs. At least the dogs wearing these can go out in public.
    image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Malto View Post
    Ranchers also will use the less fashionable dirt bag spiked collar to keep predators from latching onto livestock guardian dogs. At least the dogs wearing these can go out in public.
    image.jpg
    Don't think the neoair could handle those!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm all for innovation, but this is absurd. I'd love to see the bear vest.

organic_armor.jpg

++ New Posts ++