WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Possum

Added by Hikerhead
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 4,015  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Salmander at Gooch Gap   sunbathing spider  Possum  Dog-day Cicada

Description for Possum

Description by Hikerhead

Hikerhead

I was night hiking on this trail (not the AT) when I saw these red eyes glowing up ahead..what is it? A deer? A bear? It's not moving and it sure is low to the ground...I shared a good 10 minutes with this guy, we waited to see who was going to move first. I did. One of the joys of night hiking.

Comments for Possum (4)

1. #1 TJ aka Teej
    Great shot, Hikerhead!
  2. #2 Uncle Wayne
    Hikerhead,
    Were you in Virginia when you met this possum? Virginia possums are faster than Alabama possums. I've never seen a possum make it across the highway in Alabama but on our drive through the country side in Virginia there were three who made it across the highway in front of me. I know that's hard to believe but it actually happened, Scout's Honor!
    Good picture.
  3. #3 Hikerhead
    Thanks TJ, and to Wayne, that's a good question young man. You see, there's a reason why you don't see many dead possums on the roads in Va. And it's not because they are faster around here. In fact, it's just the opposite. Have you tried the gravy at the AYCE (name withheld) in Troutville? :d
  4. #4 Rain Man
    Yum, yum!!!

5. #5 neo
    Re: Possum
    i have seen a few possum's night hiking myself,i also see them in my nieghborhood, neo