WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

No Unicyles

Added by celt
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 6,998  
by celt

Filmstrip 
‹‹Sign near top of Wayah Bald   Sign at top of stone staircase just north of I40  No Unicyles  DSC00558

Description for No Unicyles

Description by celt

celt

On Moose Mountain north of Hanover New Hampshire. Courtesy of the maintaining club with the best sense of humor, The Dartmouth Outing Club. I was told this sign has a type-o, its supposed to read "Know Unicycles. Or Else!"

Comments for No Unicyles (4)

1. #1 Pencil Pusher
    I do like people with a good sense of humor. Funny!
  2. #2 Unijesse
    Re: No Unicyles
    why is this so funny? have you never heard of mountain unicycling? yes it is a real sport along with freestyle and trials and street, etc. The best mountain/trials unicyclists in the world is kris holm www.krisholm.com

for more info go towww.unicycling.org or the forums at www.unicyclist.com
    or to buy one go to www.unicycle.com

WE AREN'T CLOWNS

HAHA
  3. #3 Dances with Mice
    Quote Originally Posted by Unijesse
    why is this so funny? have you never heard of mountain unicycling? yes it is a real sport along with freestyle and trials and street, etc.
    Mountain unicycling has a street category?! How sad.

There is nothing more relaxing than riding a unicycle down a mountain trail while juggling 3 flaming torches on a soft layer of dry fallen leaves.

How long will this blatant discrimination against unicyle riders be allowed?
  4. #4 celt
    I just found a link to this photo on a cycling site. It generated some interesting posts (and no doubt many of the 2000+ views here) including one from "unijesse". I don't know any hikers who've taken this sign so seriously.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/search....reatedbyuserid[]=227191
  5. #5 celt
    The correct link:

http://www.cyclingforums.com/forum/t...cycles-or-else