WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Timber !

Added by Ramble~On
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 3,739 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹My Nearly 30-year Old Tent   My Tent Inspector  Timber !  This Could Have Been Messy!

Description for Timber !

Description by Ramble~On

Ramble~On

Happy to be alive...Timber shows off his new ventilated tent with skylight.

Comments for Timber ! (5)

1. #1 Disney
    Re: Timber !
    I met this guy at trail days. Hell of a story.
  2. #2 Kerosene
    So you're going to leave us hangin', Disney?
  3. #3 Disney
    My bad. His first trail name was Peanut Butter. He was a thru hiker NOBO in 2009. Early on in the hiker, He, and all of the rest of his hiking group were fast asleep with visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads. There was high wind that night and the trees started groaning. All of the sudden, Peanut Butter starts hearing someone call his name. Loud and Repeatedly. He groggily sat up in his sleeping bag. WHAM. Just as he sat up, a tree branch collapsed onto his tent, laying just across his pillow. Lucky to be alive.
  4. #4 Ramble~On
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney
    My bad. His first trail name was Peanut Butter. He was a thru hiker NOBO in 2009. Early on in the hiker, He, and all of the rest of his hiking group were fast asleep with visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads. There was high wind that night and the trees started groaning. All of the sudden, Peanut Butter starts hearing someone call his name. Loud and Repeatedly. He groggily sat up in his sleeping bag. WHAM. Just as he sat up, a tree branch collapsed onto his tent, laying just across his pillow. Lucky to be alive.
    Pretty close. Mr. Pink and Pigpen were still up and heard the tree coming down. Mr. Pink screamed Peanut Butter's name and he sat up and the tree hit him in the back as it smashed his tent, landing where his head had been seconds ago. If he wouldn't have sat up, he would be dead...no doubt. Peanut Butter did die that night, for the rest of the trail his name was "TIMBER!" See the other pics of this in my gallery...where the tree is still on the tent. To quote Pigpen, "Dudes, the trees are trying to kill us and we're outnumbered"
  5. #5 nitewalker
    awesome trail tale. thanks for sharing. i have seen alot of branches and trees fall in my days but never that close...