WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

M'ssippi's 2012 Thru-Hike

Added by Crystal2886
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

M'ssippi's 2012 Thru-Hike

Views: 4,966 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Long Trail hike 2012   Long Trail hike 2012  M'ssippi's 2012 Thru-Hike  M'ssippi's 2012 Thru-Hike

Description for M'ssippi's 2012 Thru-Hike

Description

N/A

Comments for M'ssippi's 2012 Thru-Hike (6)

1. #1 jj2044
    Re: M'ssippi's 2012 Thru-Hike
    How did the dog do on your trip ? being so little
  2. #2 Crystal2886
    jj2044, she did awesome! She coulda done the whole trail in half the time I did. Twice. haha she really was a trooper! I never had to help her jump up anything, but sometimes did just to be nice. The only thing she didn't like was being wet and cold.... she cried all week through the White Mountains because she was cold. But she definitely ran circles around me!
  3. #3 jj2044
    HAHA thats great LOL. did you have any issues with snakes or anything ? i did from springer to damascus last spring with my border collie, and we didnt see any snakes but it was still fairly cool....
  4. #4 Crystal2886
    The only poisonous snakes I saw were two rattlers and two copper heads. Polly (my dog) always walked just behind me, and I made sure to keep her there just for that reason! As soon as I spotted a snake, my first priority was to pick her up and not let her see it as we went around. When I got to Vermont and it was cold, I was also walking a couple minutes behind another hiker, and I'd let her run up ahead whenever she wanted. SO thank goodness she never had any snake encounters.
  5. #5 smeagher61
    Cute dog! She must be very special.
  6. #6 SS/SB
    bet that was an awesome feeling having her that whole time on the trail!