WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

War Spur Shelter

Added by Kerosene
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 3,630  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Wilson Creek Shelter   Pinefield Hut SNP  War Spur Shelter  Pickle Branch Shelter

Description for War Spur Shelter

Description by Kerosene

Kerosene

War Spur Shelter

Comments for War Spur Shelter (2)

1. #1 mikec
    Re: War Spur Shelter
    I was amazed to see a picture that I took on the AT in April, 2000 posted by someone else. That is my food sack, poles and backpack in the picture. I'm flattered.
  2. #2 Kerosene
    Re: War Spur Shelter
    I forgot to take a pictures as I passed through and found one on the Internet. I should have credited it to you, although I'm not sure where I found it.

Talk about coincidence: My mom, brother, and I were slackpacking through New York State in 2003. We were staying at the Bear Mountain Bridge Inn in Fort Montgomery each night. My brother is a real estate underwriter for an insurance company in central New York, about 3 hours away. Upon his return to work the next week, he sees a picture of the Inn on his desk as part of an appraisal packet from the local insurance agent. Looking closer, he sees our mom on the front porch! She took a day off due to blisters and just happened to be talking to the proprietor when the agent took the picture!