WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

New Tarp

Added by sasquatch2014
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Description for New Tarp

Description by sasquatch2014

sasquatch2014

Got a new larger tarp for my Clark North American. It took a while to get it rigged but it will now give me space to cook under. Set up in the woods behind my home in Pawling NY

Comments for New Tarp (4)

1. #1 Hikerhead
    Re: New Tarp
    What kind of tarp? Looks nice, I'm looking for a larger tarp for mine.
  2. #2 sasquatch2014
    Its the Ultra Light tarp that Campmor carries. I got the middle size one.
  3. #3 Hikerhead
    Hey, just wondering....would you think you might need to add an extra line underneath the tarp between the two points where the hammock attaches to the tarp. Right now it looks like the tarp is sitting on the hammock. When it rains it will pool there. This other line would lift the tarp off of the hammock allowing the water to shed better. Better yet if this other line was adjustable to allow for different set-ups/trees.
  4. #4 sasquatch2014
    This was the first time that I had set it up and yeah I was wondering about a ridge line set up to help keep it up more. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible similar to the original Clark design and not have tons of extra lines. I found by looping it once around the grommet rather than passing it straight through it can act as a tension device. This worked well for the two days of rain I just had in Va 4" plus of rain.

I did realize that I had forgotten to seam seal this one as it does have a seam. a few drops here and there on the seam line. This will be fixed simple enough.