WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

ATC volunteer

Added by Uncle Wayne
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 4,089  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Bob Peoples doing trail work   Trail Worker, Blue Mtn. Eagle Climbing Club  ATC volunteer

Description for ATC volunteer

Description by Uncle Wayne

Uncle Wayne

Mr. Bob Reed (Reid?) a volunteer worker hiking up to the job site. We met 8 volunteers on our way down from Mt. Cammerer and 4 of them were 70 years old or older! God bless them.

Comments for ATC volunteer (2)

1. #1 Rain Man
    Hey, what's that front pack he has on? I'm interested... I have always wanted the convenience of having a pack and/or pockets handy during my hikes... Stopping to take off my pack just to pull out some little something seems like a bother... Anyway... was that just a day pack that he carries "backwards"?
  2. #2 Uncle Wayne
    7 of the 8 people we met with this crew were carrying day packs in this manner. I didn't ask him what was in the pack but he did say it really helped with his balance. The only person not carrying a daypack in front, the youngest of the bunch, early 20's, had a full backpack and a frame mounted to the pack that sat on top of his shoulders and extended over his head. He had a full size igloo cooler strapped to it. I told him that's what he got for being the youngest! He agreed that was true. He said the guy with the pack horses called in sick so someone had to carry their food. He didn't stop and chat for some reason so the picture I took of him blurred.