WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Cove Mtn Shelter, Va

Added by Rain Man
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 3,700 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Cornelius Creek Shelter, Va   Bryant Ridge Shelter, VA  Cove Mtn Shelter, Va  Bobblet's Gap Shelter, Va

Description for Cove Mtn Shelter, Va

Description by Rain Man

Rain Man

Cove Mountain Shelter, Columbus Day weekend '09, FishBone grabbing a bite of lunch

Comments for Cove Mtn Shelter, Va (2)

1. #1 michael rowlands
    Re: Cove Mtn Shelter, Va
    I through hiked the A.T. in 1981. I stopped at this site without a shelter at that time. I had bought a real big steak in the town of Bucannon eariler. I stopped and cooked it there. At the time I just thought it was a camping area but found out by some trail maintainers that a shelter was to be erected here. Later when I got to Marble Springs shelter, a ways up the trail, I stayed there for the night. I returned in 2004 on a second completion of the A.T. on a southernly direction. I stayed at the Cove Mountain Shelter this time. I found out that the Marble Springs Shelter had been relocated out of the new wilderness area in 1981 after I had gone by it., and was now the Cove Mountain Shelter.!!!!! What a hoot to stay at the same shelter 25 years later with a different name and a different location.. I only found this out by hiking the Trail again. Long live the Appalachian Trail. FYI , This is not the only shelter relocated on the A.T. and renamed at another location. 'Rowmin Goat'
  2. #2 Rain Man
    Re: Cove Mtn Shelter, Va
    Love your story, Rowmin Goat! Thanks for sharing it!