WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Devil's Marble Yard, VA

Added by Uncle Wayne
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 5,087  

Filmstrip 
‹‹McAfee's Knob   McAfee's Knob  Devil's Marble Yard, VA  Apple Orchard Falls, VA

Description for Devil's Marble Yard, VA

Description by Uncle Wayne

Uncle Wayne

Picture taken by "The King", May 2001.

Comments for Devil's Marble Yard, VA (7)

1. #1 darkage
    Re: Devil's Marble Yard, VA
    Oh come on! ... tell me you gotta cross that?

I get enough of that in PA, don't wanna see it in other states ... =PP
  2. #2 Kerosene
    The Devil's Marbleyard is about a mile off the AT on a blue-blaze. While I haven't been there, Hikerhead says it's a neat place to see and explore.
  3. #3 Hikerhead
    Great place. Those rocks are not smal. The trailhead is in Arnolds Valley, across the James River from Glasgow. I have a pic under Hikehead not Hikerhead, that has a person in it so that you can see how big the rocks are.
  4. #4 Kerosene
    Here's the picture that Hikerhead mentions. Those rocks must be huge, as I can't even find the person he refers to!
  5. #5 Hikerhead
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene
    Here's the picture that Hikerhead mentions. Those rocks must be huge, as I can't even find the person he refers to!
    You blind goofball he he.... on my pic there's someone sitting on the rock in the middle of the pic, looks like he's wearing a green top. I thought you used to be able to click on that pic to enlarge it.

In Uncle Waynes pic....there may be someone at the very top of the rocks just in front of the trees on the left.

Put your glasses on.
  6. #6 Kerosene
    Okay, I found the blurry outline of somebody, but you must need young eyes to pick him out with assistance.
  7. #7 Hikerhead
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene
    Okay, I found the blurry outline of somebody, but you must need young eyes to pick him out with assistance.
    He/she is a little hard to see I agree.