WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Smokies Loop Oct 2014

Added by greentick
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 2,178 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Smokies Loop Oct 2014   Smokies Loop Oct 2014  Smokies Loop Oct 2014  Smokies Loop Oct 2014

Description for Smokies Loop Oct 2014

Description by greentick

greentick

Ginger Rabbit has modeled some of my other gear in the gallery. Easy lightweight kids pack - modified REI Flash 22 by sewing the shoulder straps down to raise the pack up. Worked pretty good. Happily they both loved the hike, not so happy for the CC. May be some ULA Circuits in their future.

Comments for Smokies Loop Oct 2014 (3)

1. #1 greentick
    Re: Smokies Loop Oct 2014
    Seems like yesterday...http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/file...ophiazonks.jpg
  2. #2 Kerosene
    Time only accelerates as you age. I clearly and fondly recall my daughter's birth, grade school, ballet and vocal recitals ad nauseum, college, our two backpacking trips together, and setting her off on her own. It goes very quickly, so enjoy your time together and create activities that they will want to share with you when you're a doddering old grandpa!
  3. #3 Teacher & Snacktime
    This is exactly what I did to my grandson Toots' (age 6) pack to get the straps to fit. He has an REI Flash 19 daypack significantly modified. The beauty is that it can grow with him simply by repositioning that seam!