WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Savannah The Trail Dawg

Added by Skyline
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Savannah The Trail Dawg

Views: 5,427  
by Skyline

Filmstrip 
New Trail Dawg TROOPER Savannah The Trail Dawg Pass Mt. Hut, Shenandoah National Park, Virginia

Description for Savannah The Trail Dawg

Description by Skyline

Skyline

Found nearly dead in the woods near Montebello, VA, she spent a couple years at a farm and at Rusty's Hard Time Hollow. Hiked in '99 as "Noggin" with two thru-hikers to Duncannon, returned, and wound up as my best friend, renamed "Savannah," in April 2000. She still backpacks regularly and doesn't act anywhere near her age which must be at least 11 or 12.

Comments for Savannah The Trail Dawg (3)

1. #1 Phreak
    Re: Savannah The Trail Dawg
    Excellent photo of your pooch!!!
  2. #2 Skyline
    It is my sad task to inform y'all, especially those who have come to know Savannah, that she had to be put down on 4/25/12. Since mid-2008 she suffered occasional seizures from petite to gran mal, and in late 2011 was diagnosed with a pancreatic tumor. Except for her last day on this planet, she did not suffer much at all since I adopted her, and she lived a long, charmed life on and off the Trail. Over the last couple of years she also became quite the beach bum, something I have yet to master at my second home near Rehoboth Beach DE. I will always cherish many fantastic memories with Savannah, and miss her terribly.
  3. #3 Kerosene
    It's always sad to lose a close, long-time friend. Remember the good times, Skyline, and God bless.