WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Black Gap Shelter

Added by Youngblood
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 6,393 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Rain Man & Grass at Neels Gap   Max Epperson Shelter  Black Gap Shelter

Description for Black Gap Shelter

Description by Youngblood

Youngblood

The Black Gap Shelter is on the approach trail from Amicalola Falls State Park. It is 1.5 miles south of Springer and sleeps 7? people. This is the 'Old Springer Mountain Shelter'.

Comments for Black Gap Shelter (3)

1. #1 Rain Man
    Thanks, Youngblood, for the good desription of this photo. I'm learning to hate photos that have no description of what, when, where, who, and how, including my own I posted originally, ... which I intend to go back to rectify!

Rain Man
  2. #2 Youngblood
    Thanks Rain Man. I've had fun doing this. All of us have a unique oportunity to document the shelters, people and places along the trail. Sort of like a living history of the AT. If you think about it, it's really pretty neat what we can accomplish working together. I don't think any one person or book can describe what the trail is like as well as the collection of photos and narratives on this site. Maybe we are all part of something that we don't even realize yet.

Youngblood
  3. #3 Uncle Wayne
    I agree, you have done an excellent job with your pictures. I was able to show my wife where we would be spending the night using your photos.