WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Deep Gap Shelter, GA

Added by Rain Man
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Deep Gap Shelter, GA

Views: 6,112 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Deep Gap shelter 04   Deep Gap Shelter privy, GA  Deep Gap Shelter, GA  Deep Gap GA Shelter

Description for Deep Gap Shelter, GA

Description by Rain Man

Rain Man

I had lunch at Deep Gap Shelter, GA, on Sunday, November 9, 2003. Also left my food bag here by mistake!!! It's a very nice shelter with opposing lofts. A long hike down off the AT, though, but not bad.

Comments for Deep Gap Shelter, GA (4)

1. #1 Uncle Wayne
    Good shot. Left your food bag? Don't you just hate it when you do something like that?
    Guest 10:56
    Yeah, two hikers arrived while I was eating lunch. One had an announced 60 lb pack and one had an estimated 50 lb pack. They spread out ALL OVER, and my food bag got camouflaged by their stuff, I suppose. The good news is LilRedMG, whom I hiked the day before with, came by the next day, found it, recognized it as mine (she said "Who else on the AT has wasabi peas in their food bag?!"), and hauled it out and gave it to me later.
  3. #3 Jaybird
    I loved this shelter...i met "bootless", "yankee clipper", "Not Keith, "Alabam", & "the Mad Musician" here in May 2002
    lots of snoring that nite! hehehehehehe ;0)
  4. #4 Cookerhiker
    Re: Deep Gap Shelter, GA
    I stayed here with Scarf & Northern Harrier March 2004 along with some locals. My tent fly was drying on a line when the strong winds blew it under the deck. Had to fully extend the hiking poles to fetch it.