WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Putting the belt buckle on a second time 25 Years Later

Added by michael rowlands
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Putting the belt buckle on a second time 25 Years Later

Views: 3,289  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Deercreeck Canyon, Co   Closeup Of The Belt Buckle  Putting the belt buckle on a second time 25 Years Later  Putting On A Appalachian Trail Belt Buckle For The First Time In 1981

Description for Putting the belt buckle on a second time 25 Years Later

Description by michael rowlands

michael rowlands

I never got over the thrill of a long hike after my 1981 through hike. I sumitted Katahdin on 9-11-1981 and on my 20th aniversary all hell broke loose in New York and I was really bumbed for a few weeks and decided to rehike the trail and try to finish it near my 25th anniversary. Well things worked out and I refinished the trail after 4 long section hikes. This second hike was started in August 2004 and ended in Sept 2006. Now for the belt buckle story. I hiked south to north in 1981. I decided on the second hike to not be outdone by the sobo's so north to south I went. The belt buckle story at he campfires work well in 1981 so I took the bus up to Maine and carried the 4 ounces of dead weight back through the wilderness and sent it back home through the same Post Office at Monson Maine where I had picked it up 25 years eariler. This to my knowledge is the only A.T. belt buckle ever to go both ways through the Maine wilderness. The A.T.C. only sold these for a few years and mine was solid brass and cost $16. Long live the Appalachian Trail!!!!!!!!!

Comments for Putting the belt buckle on a second time 25 Years Later (2)

1. #1 gaga
    Re: Putting the belt buckle on a second time 25 Years Later
    really cool
  2. #2 drastic_quench
    Re: Putting the belt buckle on a second time 25 Years Later
    That's pretty cool.