WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Chillin' in Justus Creek, GA

Added by Rain Man
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Chillin' in Justus Creek, GA

Views: 6,783 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Justus Creek footbridge, GA   Justus Creek, GA  Chillin' in Justus Creek, GA  The AT in Georgia

Description for Chillin' in Justus Creek, GA

Description by Rain Man

Rain Man

After a sweaty August 1st (2003) hike from Hawk Mtn Shelter, the COLD water of Justus Creek felt good after the initial HURT.

Comments for Chillin' in Justus Creek, GA (3)

1. #1 Uncle Wayne
    Ha! That's funny. I'll bet that cold water had the same effect on you three as it did on me and my scouts when we went tubing on the Hiwassee River. The guy who dropped us off told us the water temp was around 52 degrees. He said water that cold will make a boy have 2 belly buttons. None of us caught on to what he meant exactly until we waded out in the water about knee deep. One of the scouts turned around to me and said,"Uncle Wayne, he's right, its disappearing!" Although I didn't say it out loud like the scout, I hadn't gotten much over ankle deep and had already figured out where the second belly button was going to be through my own personal experience.
  2. #2 Hikerhead
    Two belly buttons AND with your high beams on. :d
  3. #3 Rain Man
    Was Justus Creek COLD??? YES!!! Did it feel GOOD on this warm August day??? YES!!!!
  4. #4 Doctari
    Re: Chillin' in Justus Creek, GA
    Washed my face right about there on a coolish March day. After finishing up, I smelled something very dead smelling, "OOOH, WHAT IS THAT SMELL" I then realised, , , , It was me

Great spot, even with the smell

Doctari.