WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Little Rock Pond Series 6

Added by fancyfeet
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Little Rock Pond Series 6

Views: 3,729 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Little Rock Pond Series 4   Little Rock Pond Series 5  Little Rock Pond Series 6  Little Rock Pond Series 7

Description for Little Rock Pond Series 6

Description by fancyfeet

fancyfeet

It's raining on Little Rock Pond.

Comments for Little Rock Pond Series 6 (6)

1. #1 Kerosene
    Re: Little Rock Pond Series 6
    I swam over to that little island in August 1979 during my SOBO thru of the Long Trail. I have a picture from about the same angle that I'll try to upload for comparison. The big pine is still there, but a deciduous tree in front of it is gone and the other conifers have taken over the island.
  2. #2 fancyfeet
    That's awesome! I'd love to see that.
  3. #3 Kerosene
    Finally found it: View of Little Rock Pond island from August 1979. I love seeing how the world changes over time, in drastic as well as subtle ways.
  4. #4 fancyfeet
    Very cool. Thanks for linking back to yours. I opened them side by side to compare. I agree with you - it's great to see the changes, but then still so recognizably the same place.

Sadly, I didn't get a chance to swim there. But I did get just as wet! (see pic 7)
  5. #5 Rain Man
    I agree with Kerosene... good to see and the changes. As MacKaye said, to see and to see what you see. BUT... posters HAVE to date photos to be able to do that.

RainMan

6. #6 coach lou
    In 1967 my dad took us here. There was a footbridge and a shelter. It was my first time on the AT. It was wonderful, I will never forget it.