WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

homemade primaloft quilt

Added by greentick
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 5,719 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹wood burner for cutting   homemade primaloft quilt  homemade primaloft quilt  homemade primaloft quilt

Description for homemade primaloft quilt

Description by greentick

greentick

Homemade primaloft quilt. Weights 20oz. I didn't measure the length but I am 6-2+ and I can wrap it over my head. If I wanted I could probably cut 6-8" off the head edge.

Comments for homemade primaloft quilt (3)

1. #1 greentick
    Re: homemade primaloft quilt
    Just a few other details. My goal was to duplicate/improve on a piece of military gear, the beloved poncho liner. I have a 10* bag and a 32* bag and wanted something for warm weather. It came in a couple of ounces less than the 'cho liner and instead of cheap batting has primaloft 3oz in a single layer. My third project after the still unfinished goretex bivy sack and the ugly but functional silnylon tarp. I sewed the foot end together to make a footbox. I will post a review after field trials but I think it will meet my needs for a 50* and up sleeping gear.
  2. #2 greentick
    Follow up report. Used in the Smokies about a month ago on a section hike. Was in a hammock on a ridgerest pad with temps in the mid-upper 50s wearing shorts, totally comfortable. Slept in a shelter (Russell Field) the next nightn, and was too warm.
  3. #3 greentick
    Went to the upper 30s in shorts... sort of. I used my Marmot Precip jacket as a lower leg bivy - zipped it up and put my feet in it. Surprisingly I stayed totally warm. The following night was mid 40s and I was fine with just the quilt.