WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Rusty Rail

Added by TJ aka Teej
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 4,982  

Filmstrip 
‹‹section hikers on charlies bunion   Robert & Todd  Rusty Rail  Tim, aka "469"

Description for Rusty Rail

Description by TJ aka Teej

TJ aka Teej

Rusty Rail is a 75 year old section hiker I met north of Woodstock, VT in July 2003.

Comments for Rusty Rail (2)

1. #1 Penscal
    Oh, I get it , Rusty had no legs under his shorts, that would account for the fact that the rest of his (most important part for hiking) body is not in picture. Hmmm, I guess the 3/4 or more part of picture is more important,
  2. #2 StockerX1
    Re: Rusty Rail
    Wow. Thank you for this picture of my father, Robert Stocker Sr. Regrettably he passed away on March 19 at 83 years old.We found a journal he kept after he returned from his Trail trips, and he always wanted to go back. Unfortunately he never made it to Katahdin. My brother took a piece of his walking stick and plan on going up to the top and burying it. I understand a friend of his who finished the trail buried a picture of him up there.The Trail was the highlight of my dad's retirement. To finish it was his dream and his passion.He is missed every minute of every day. My daughter is due to be born next month, and she will know of this passion and maybe one day we can together walk a stretch of it.Thank you again for this photo. Gary Stocker, New Jersey.