WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Congdon Camp (vt) Mid To Late '70's

Added by Gorp-Gobbler
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Congdon Camp (vt) Mid To Late '70's

Views: 2,980  

Filmstrip 
‹‹AT in Vermont   Spruce Peak  Congdon Camp (vt) Mid To Late '70's  Whiteblaze Along The At...

Description for Congdon Camp (vt) Mid To Late '70's

Description by Gorp-Gobbler

Gorp-Gobbler

Tom ? with beard and Aubrey Davis with hat, were two great guys I hiked with while section hiking.

Comments for Congdon Camp (vt) Mid To Late '70's (2)

1. #1 Chenango
    Re: Congdon Camp (vt) Mid To Late '70's
    Is that you in the middle, Gorp-Gobbler? What year is this? (Never mind. I should read the caption first: mid to late 70's)
  2. #2 Gorp-Gobbler
    Re: Congdon Camp (vt) Mid To Late '70's
    Chenango:

I took the picture of this group. As near as I can calculate the year was either '77' or '78'.
    I know the picture is a little fuzzy I think I used a Canon "Snappy" 35 mm.

The guy with the beard was from Indiana and his name was Tom but I can't remember his last name.

Aubrey Davis is the guy in the middle with the hat on. They were both Thru-Hikers and a couple of great guys.
    Some Thru-Hikers that I had met in previous years thought they were better then anyone else for having come that far but not these guys.
    I even got a Christmas card from them.
    Tom injured his knee just short of summiting Katahdin that year but went back the next year and finished the trail.
    Last I knew he headed down into Mexico to do some exploring down there.
    I haven't heard from either since the Christmas card.
    The lady on the end noticed that I had forgotten my camp shoes and stuck them in her pack. Later that day when they caught up with me she gave them to me.
    I was surprised.