WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Woodstock Or The At?

Added by earlyriser26
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 3,747 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Section Hike In Ga   Section Hike  Woodstock Or The At?  2009-0513c Colorado Jeff, Matsky, Ramps & Cougar (all Facing Cam.) At Silers Bald Shelter

Description for Woodstock Or The At?

Description by earlyriser26

earlyriser26

This photo was taken at Abol Bridge in Maine during Woodstock. I am on the left and was 13 at the time. Hiking south into the "wilderness".

Comments for Woodstock Or The At? (5)

1. #1 Kerosene
    Re: Woodstock Or The At?
    I love these old-time photos. Wish I had taken more pictures when I started in the early 70's as a teenager.

Thanks for posting.
  2. #2 earlyriser26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene
    I love these old-time photos. Wish I had taken more pictures when I started in the early 70's as a teenager.

Thanks for posting.
    Note the high tech gear - K-Mart backpack and bluejeans
  3. #3 Kerosene
    Now wait a sec...did K-Mart even exist in the late 60s? [Yes, according to the Internet! 172 K-Mart stores in 1966!]

Here's a trail-end pic from my first AT section (April 1973). Note the blue jean jacket and pants, along with the nylon external frame from Sears!
  4. #4 earlyriser26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene
    Now wait a sec...did K-Mart even exist in the late 60s? [Yes, according to the Internet! 172 K-Mart stores in 1966!]

Here's a trail-end pic from my first AT section (April 1973). Note the blue jean jacket and pants, along with the nylon external frame from Sears!
    I am pretty sure it was K-Mart. However, I did upgrade the hip belt. The nylon belt that came with it was painful.
  5. #5 tbmmoe
    A real blast from the past. I started hiking in the late sixties or early seventies, and I remember my first pack didn't even have a hip belt. It felt more like a torture device.