WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Damn!

Added by HikeLite
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 6,289  

Filmstrip 
‹‹AT1-Cuben SUL BackPack-1   JRB Summer Universal Blanket Compared to Therm-a-Rest Pads  Damn!  sweetie pie

Description for Damn!

Description

N/A

Comments for Damn! (6)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing Comments 1 to 10 of 6  
  1. #1 MOWGLI
    Is that supposed to be humorous?
  2. #2 Panzer1
    It\'s sad to see a picture like this.
  3. #3 dream
    The frickin humorous part is that the smug bastard that captioned this pic has miss-spelled technology.

theres no \"I\" in team , or apparently technology.
    and to think that there is ..... now that\'s a sad fact for sure!
  4. #4 The General
    Wake up and smell the coffee people. This photograph is neither sad nor humorous. this Photograph merely shows the harsh reality of life for many people and not just in third world country\'s either. So the next time you are on the Trail take some time to enjoy what life has given you, many others will never be so lucky. And when the Hiking gets hard, the weather foul and your body is screaming stop. Suck it up because it could be a lot worse. Hikelite this is an outstanding piece of Photography it did not need the caption to force a reaction.
  5. #5 Doctari
    I see it as incredably inventive. I will store that image in my mind for \"Just in case\", cause you never know, you just never know.

I am thinking: duct tape for the straps. They would be fairly light weight don\'t you think?

Doctari.
    Guest 11:19
    Nah, this is really cool...
    I remember several times on the trail when I really could have used this technology. I lost my damn flip flops in a river up in Maine once and went for 3 weeks with only one flip flop. Next time i'll do the 2 liter bottles thing. And really in third world countries, its life... They most of the time don't know anything other than the way they live. Its just the way it is. Its hard for people to grasp the idea. Its just weird.
  7. #7 greentick
    Folks in the third world have awesome improv and recycling skills. In Afghanistan I saw a satellite dish made from flattened pop cans, handbags from MRE (military field rations) bags, shot up armored vehicles used as bridge supports, among other wondrous ideas.
  8. #8 Photofanatic
    Re: Damn!
    A very moving image. Sad yet inspiring.
  9. #9 Flexo
    Now that is an ultralight hiker! He can use them for water bladders and fill them with air to float across streams.

On a serious note... count your blessings!
  10. #10 the goat
    necessity is the mother of invention.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast