WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Baxter Peak Summit, On A Weekend Day In August.

Added by Funkmeister
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Baxter Peak Summit, On A Weekend Day In August.

Views: 3,736 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Earlyriser On The Big K   Baxter Peak Crowds.  Baxter Peak Summit, On A Weekend Day In August.  Day Hike Up Katahdin

Description for Baxter Peak Summit, On A Weekend Day In August.

Description by Funkmeister

Funkmeister

If a northbound thruhiker thinks the end of the trip will be a solitary and introspective experience, think again. When I got to the top I was quite disheartened to find some fat dude eating an Italian sandwich. I can't imagine what the thruhikers must have felt.

Comments for Baxter Peak Summit, On A Weekend Day In August. (2)

1. #1 Frog
    Re: Baxter Peak Summit, On A Weekend Day In August.
    Coo doos for the fat guy at least he was out using the trail for something. The trail isnt just for thru hikers. I ve probably hiked 600 miles of the trail and it has taken me 30 years and i have enjoyed it every bit as much as anyone could have. Most of what i have hiked i have done in both directions Its not just for thru hikers. Its for anyone who can walk.
  2. #2 Driver8
    Re: Baxter Peak Summit, On A Weekend Day In August.
    I agree with Frog. I'm a fat guy who loves to hike - would be a lot fatter if I didn't. Ran across two superb, lean athletes on the AT a month ago, each half my weight. They had scooted quickly up the same trail I'd trudged in "average hiker time." When I posed to them the idea of hiking the trail carrying their partner on their back, they paused, recognized the accomplishment of myself and my similarly chubby friend, said "no, thanks" and tipped their hats.

Really like your K pics, Funkmeister. Good stuff! Trying to work up the gumption to do the Knife Edge. We'll see!