WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View Of Delaware Wap Gap from Mount Tammany (1,549 feet) in New Jersey

Added by ga2me9603
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

View Of Delaware Wap Gap from Mount Tammany (1,549 feet) in New Jersey

Views: 7,833 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Helen GA food stop at the Country Store   Fall in Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area in New Jersey  View Of Delaware Wap Gap from Mount Tammany (1,549 feet) in New Jersey  0498 2012.11.25 Eva Gragg Grave

Description for View Of Delaware Wap Gap from Mount Tammany (1,549 feet) in New Jersey

Description by ga2me9603

ga2me9603

View of Delaware Water Gap from Mount Tammany (1,549 feet) on the New Jersey side of the gap. It's what AT hikers miss because the AT bypasses the trail to its summit. Mount Minsi (1,463 feet), which the AT traverses, is in the foreground in Pennsylvania.

Interstate 80 is on the right; PA 611 is the highway you see in front of the parking lot at the bottom of the photo.

Photo taken 12:55 p.m. Thursday, February 23, 2012.

Comments for View Of Delaware Wap Gap from Mount Tammany (1,549 feet) in New Jersey (3)

1. #1 rocketsocks
    Re: View Of Delaware Wap Gap from Mount Tammany (1,527 feet) in New Jersey
    Nice shot from the RED trail.
  2. #2 Kerosene
    My very first AT section hike started at DWG on April 6, 1973. We camped at the intersection with the Red Dot Trail that night and hiked up to this view the next morning before returning to the AT to continue north to Unionville.
  3. #3 ga2me9603
    I got lucky with the large, puffy clouds being there the moment I took the photograph. They really enhance the scene and make it appear more dramatic.