WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

CNN & Gadget

Added by Youngblood
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 4,677  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Bearmagnet & Repeat on Rocky Top TN   Axeless and Debbie  CNN & Gadget  Blood Mt. 2003

Description for CNN & Gadget

Description by Youngblood

Youngblood

2003 nobo section hikers from Tennessee. Taken on the Georgia section of the AT.

Comments for CNN & Gadget (2)

1. #1 Penscal
    You've taken some exceptionally clear, spacially ordered pictures, what type/make camera do you use?

thanks
  2. #2 Youngblood
    I use a 2.1 megapixel digital camera, a Nikon Coolpix 775. It is small, light and has a 3X optical zoom. It has about 7 'scene modes' that help get the right settings for various photos, like back light, sunset, bright sun, etc. It also has a really neat feature that minimizes camera movement problems-- 'Best-Shot Selection' takes photos as long as the shutter-release button is held down, to a maximum of ten. These images are then compared and the sharpest photo saved to the memory card.

However, it does have optics that produce 'purple edging' on the outer edges of some scenes, like dark tree limbs against a light sky. This is worse when the optics are at mimimum zoom. The other things that I dislike are that the battery indicator only tells you when it is time to replace/recharge the battery and that it works very slow with certain brands of compact flast cards. It works well with a 128 MB Lexar X12 compact flash card. Also, the close-up focus is kinda 'hit and miss'...seems like its right about half the time, sometimes flash helps with this.

I have been happy with it and I think I get some pretty good photos with a very small, light weight camera...but it ain't perfect.