WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hurricane Gulch Shelter - Virginia

Added by fuzz
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Hurricane Gulch Shelter - Virginia

Views: 3,772  
by fuzz

Filmstrip 
‹‹Manassas Gap Shelter   Catawba Shelter  Hurricane Gulch Shelter - Virginia  Trimpi Shelter

Description for Hurricane Gulch Shelter - Virginia

Description by fuzz

fuzz

Brand new shelter. A friend helped build it. Anyone overnighted there yet?

Comments for Hurricane Gulch Shelter - Virginia (0)

1. #1 Hikerhead
    Where is it located?
  2. #2 Flash Hand
    I visited this shelter, I signed my name on front of the shelter, as I believed I m the first person to sign cuz there were no register book at that time. This shelter is very nice, and plenty of firewood spreading out... but I didn\'t stay overnight. This new shelter is between the removed/abandoned Raccoon Branch Shelter and Trimpi Shelter in Southern Virginia about 50 miles north of Damascus.
  3. #3 Kerosene
    Alllllright! This is on a section I still have to do! Of course, if I wait long enough all of the shelters will have been replaced.
  4. #4 Frog
    Me and my brother stayed here last weekend in August. Excellent workmanship on shelter and trail into it. The fire pit looked to me like it was located in not such a good place but theres not anyother place for it. I hope no one tries to build another one anywhere else. I liked the drainage work that they did around the shelter and trail again excellent work. The floor seems to be longer inside which is a big plus.