WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

March 20 2011

Added by darkage
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 4,788 [+] Larger Image  
by darkage

Filmstrip 
‹‹A Little Trailwork With A Corona Folding Saw   Here's What 20 Days Of Food Looks Like  March 20 2011  Hiking The A.t Solo

Description for March 20 2011

Description by darkage

darkage

msr carbon reflex 2, thermarest neoair and montbell U.L SS

Comments for March 20 2011 (7)

1. #1 TallShark
    Re: March 20 2011
    Nice set up, I want a neoair, do you like the weight?
  2. #2 darkage
    Hey TS, Thanks ... I've had the neoair since febuary 2010 and before that i had the prolite and tried the big agnes aircore .... As far as comfort goes, the neoair is king ... extremely stable and has kept me warm down to 25 or so ... not sure i'd go lower, the one i use is the neoair large, 25 wide and is 19 ounces .... IF it fails on me, i'd buy another one without thinking ...
  3. #3 TallShark
    ^Awesome, lighter than I expected and it looks extra comfortable.
  4. #4 darkage
    Yeah, depending on the size you prefer ... its 9 oz for the small, 13oz for the med and 14 oz for the regular ... and 19 oz for the large ... once you sleep on it, you won't look at another pad.
  5. #5 hikingshoes
    SO at 5'11'' I'll need a Large?Nice tent too!! I'm looking at one of those too.I was wondering how well it would hold up in really bad weather. I wish someone would post on how well it would hold up at Max Patch. As you know the wind is awesome up there and snow is a plus for as testing go's.HS
  6. #6 Kerosene
    Re: March 20 2011 - NeoAir Size Large
    I use a NeoAir shortie and put the padded framesheet of my empty pack under my feet (usually wrapped in a plastic trash bag). My only gripe with the smaller NeoAirs is that they are narrow so when you lie on your back your elbows drop down off the pad to rest on ground. Worth the weight/comfort trade-off however.
  7. #7 B Thrash
    I have used a Neoair for couple of years now, the only downer is that I am out of breath by the time I get blowed up.