WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Black Widow

Added by Pedaling Fool
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 8,133 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Gap Cycling Trip   Praying Mantis  Black Widow  Looking For Mountains In N. Florida

Description for Black Widow

Description by Pedaling Fool

Pedaling Fool

Got this pic while she was spinning silk.

Comments for Black Widow (4)

1. #1 sasquatch2014
    Re: Black Widow
    We had a bunch of these in our window wells out in Colorado every year they are really cool looking and some of them got nice and big. Watching them through the glass was like my own little zoo attraction. when my wife would get after me to clean out the window wells from all the junk that would blow down into there I was not in any big hurry. They often say the bite won't be enough to kill you but its enough to make you wish you were dead.
  2. #2 THEmapMAKER
    If a child or an elderly person is bitten they are more likey to die then to get sick.
  3. #3 Pedaling Fool
    Quote Originally Posted by THEmapMAKER
    If a child or an elderly person is bitten they are more likey to die then to get sick.
    It's all part of nature.
  4. #4 Ramble~On
    I stopped for a second while hiking the Lakeshore Trail in GSMNP this year and while looking down I saw one of these ladies about to dine on a grasshopper. I took my pack off and pulled out the camera...I sat and watched her for a while..really cool and lucky to watch out in the woods.
    There's a pic of her in my gallery. These things were all over the place in California and there's a pretty healthy population in my basement here in Western North Carolina.