WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Unknown Shelter???

Added by Hammock Hanger
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »
Views: 4,937  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Quarry Gap Shelter, PA   A Feast at the 501 shelter, PA  Unknown Shelter???  WashingtomMomument, MD

Description for Unknown Shelter???

Description by Hammock Hanger

Hammock Hanger

I was the only hiker in my group that day to notice this shelter. I think it was a hunters blind. Had a nice window in the back as well. -- Anyone else see this? It was about a days hike from Pine Grove Furnace SP.

Comments for Unknown Shelter??? (2)

1. #1 Sparky!
    I too have seen it and I took a simular picture of it and have it on my webshot account. I don't think it was a blind because it could not give a hunter a clear view of anything and it was way too deep. I think it was built by someone trying to get out of the rain and hikers added to it. I believe it is just north of Whiskey Spring road if I am not mistaken. Sparky!
  2. #2 notorius tic
    Re: Unknown Shelter???
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky!
    I too have seen it and I took a simular picture of it and have it on my webshot account. I don't think it was a blind because it could not give a hunter a clear view of anything and it was way too deep. I think it was built by someone trying to get out of the rain and hikers added to it. I believe it is just north of Whiskey Spring road if I am not mistaken. Sparky!
    It is a Saftey shelter I too saw it an went in It was intersting but practical Their is anouther one on a blue blaze about half a mile away.