WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Fullhardt Knob Shelter Cistern, Va

Added by Rain Man
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Fullhardt Knob Shelter Cistern, Va

Views: 4,621 [+] Larger Image  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Cove Mtn Shelter, Va   Bobblet's Gap Shelter, Va  Fullhardt Knob Shelter Cistern, Va  Fullhardt Knob Shelter, Va

Description for Fullhardt Knob Shelter Cistern, Va

Description by Rain Man

Rain Man

Cistern behind the Fullhardt Knob Shelter, VA, 9 Oct 09

Comments for Fullhardt Knob Shelter Cistern, Va (4)

1. #1 michael rowlands
    Re: Fullhardt Knob Shelter Cistern, Va
    I through hiked in 1981 and this shelter was one of many with cistrons. The trail in the beginning of 1981 went over Walker Mountain, and half way through that year the trail was relowed to the Burkes Garden side. When I went through the Walker Mountain side there were maybe 4 other cistrons in that area. Sadly this it the last cistron on the entire A.T. New York and New Jersey could do hikers alot of good and add a few cistrins at the dry shelters. They work well and any water it better than no water. 'Rowmin Goat'
  2. #2 Hikerhead
    Was there not another pipe that you draw water from behind you from where you were standing when you took this? This pipe is closed off. Just wondering....and it had a handle on it.
  3. #3 jacob_springsteen
    Years ago, I remember the Fullhardt cistern had a spigot faucet set-up. Also, didn't Trimpi or Racoon Branch have a cistern?
  4. #4 Rain Man
    Jacob, Raccoon Branch no longer exists and no, Trimpi does not have a cistern, it's at a stream, as I recall. Rain Man